Copycat version of Taco Bell’s double decker taco. Soft flour tortilla layered with refried beans on the outside, crispy corn tortilla inside filled with a creamy & seasoned beef mixture. Top with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and avocado chunks and you have the yummiest taco night ever!
These tacos are super easy, bake up in the oven and then they are ready for everyone in the family to top with whatever they want. Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 taco seasoning packet or 3 tablespoons homemade
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, optional (but really good!)
- 1 can (16 oz) refried beans
- 10 small tortilla shells
- 10 crunchy corn taco shells
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- taco toppings: shredded lettuce, sour cream, avocado chunks, chopped tomatoes, chopped olives
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook ground beef, over medium-high heat, until done. Drain any grease.
- Add the tomato sauce and the taco seasoning in with the meat. Stir to combine. Add in the sour cream and the brown sugar. Stir and let simmer for 10 minutes on low.
- Place refried beans in a microwaveable bowl, or in a saucepan on the stove, and cook until soft (only a few minutes or so).
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of the refried beans onto each soft tortilla. Take a crunchy corn taco shell and place it in the flour tortilla and wrap the tortilla around the shell. Press lightly so that the beans will stick to the corn shell. Place into the baking dish, and repeat with the remaining taco shells.
- When taco meat is done, spoon some into each crunchy corn taco shell and then top with some shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with taco toppings and enjoy!
** I ended up having to trim my flour tortillas, to match better with the corn taco shell, because they were just a little too big